There are 2 ways for DrChrono to provide the patient with proof of payment; a receipt and a superbill.
This is a document that lists the patient's name, the amount paid, and the date payment was made. It does not describe or specify what the payment is for.
- Billing > Patient Payments
- The receipt can be generated by clicking on the word "receipt" included in the red box on the right.
- Calendar > Patient Appointment
- The receipt can be generated by clicking on the word "receipt" in the red box after the payment information is saved.
If the patient wants a more detailed receipt, the Superbill option can be used. This receipt will include a description of services rendered/products purchased along with their respective prices.
- Billing > Live Claims Feed
- Calendar > Patient Appointment > Billing tab
The patient can use a Superbill to submit to a payer as it contains both CPT/HCPCS and ICD-10 codes that the payer will need to process. A patient may be submitting their own insurance claim if the office does not participate with their insurance, or by office policy, they do not accept insurance.