You can move money from a patient's Unallocated Payment section to an appointment.
NOTE - These screenshots are from the Billing > Patient Payments (Beta) screen. The same radio button is available in the patient's appointment in the Live Claims Feed should you need to move money while working with the patient's appointment from that screen. It works the same way as outlined below.
1. To move money from Unallocated Payment and associate it to an appointment, click on the circle over on the right of the payment amount, sometimes referred to as a radio button.
2. Once you click on the radio button, a Move Cash window will open. This will allow you to select the appointment and the line item (CPT, HCPCS, or Custom Code), as well as the amount to transfer.
- For the example below, even though the patient has $25 in their unallocated cash, we can choose only to move $5 or $10 of it and leave the remaining unallocated, or use it for a different appointment.
- To change the amount, just click on the box on the Amount line and adjust it to fit the situation.
3. Once all fields are filled in, click on Move and the system will move the payment as you have requested.