If an inbound fax arrives that either requires a signature or should be copied to the patient's documents, you may use the iPad EHR app to sign inbound faxes and copy files to your patient's documents.
1. Access the Message Center on the app by selecting Messages in your mobile app's navigation bar. In your message center, find the fax that you would like to sign by selecting Incoming Messages or Incoming Fax.
2. Select the document that needs your signature.
3. Tap the Copy to Patient Record button.
4. When you select Copy to Patient Record, you will be presented with the ability to:
- Select a patient (you must select a patient to save the fax once you sign in)
- Add a title for the document
- Add document tags
- Sign the document
To sign the fax, select Sign to the right of the page.
4. Click on the () icon to open the signature box.
If you have a signature saved in DrChrono, it will appear on the top. Simply tap it to insert. You can click Edit Signature to add a signature.
5. Once the signature is added, you can drag the signature box to the desired location. You can also expand or contract the box with the ( ) tool. Tap Save when finished and your signature will be added to the document.
Note: You can also tap Draw to add a signature. However, it will not contain the printed name, date, and time, at the bottom of the signature field.
6. After you finish signing the document, fill out the rest of the form then select Save.
Your document will be saved to the patient's record. You can access your patient's record by selecting 'Patient History' on your patient's navigation menu.