This is a document that lists the patient's name, the amount paid, and the date the payment was made. It does not describe or specify what the payment is for.
- Billing > Patient Payments 2.0
- The receipt can be generated by clicking on the word "receipt" included in the red box on the right.
- Calendar > Patient Appointment
- The receipt can be generated by clicking on the word "receipt" in the red box after the payment information is saved.
If the patient wants a more detailed receipt, you can use the Superbill option. This receipt will include a description of services rendered/products purchased and their respective prices.
- Billing > Live Claims Feed
- Calendar > Patient Appointment > Billing tab
If your patient has OnPatient enabled, you will be able to send the superbill directly to their OnPatient account.
- Calendar > Patient Appointment > Billing tab > Patient SuperBill dropdown
Pro Tip - The patient can use a Superbill to submit to a payer as it contains both CPT/HCPCS and ICD-10 codes that the payer will need to process. A patient may be submitting their own insurance claim if the office does not participate with their insurance, or by office policy, they do not accept insurance. The patient could use a Superbill to submit to their insurance for reimbursement.
If the patient has onpatient enabled and in the Schedule> Calendar> Billing tab there is an arrow mark where they can send the Superbill from this location.
Here's a link to a video that will walk you through printing patient superbills.