The MIPS-eligible clinician is in active engagement with a public health agency to electronically submit case reporting of reportable conditions.
Active engagement – The MIPS-eligible clinician is in the process of moving towards sending "production data" to a public health agency or clinical data registry, or is sending production data to a public health agency (PHA) or clinical data registry (CDR). Active engagement may be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- Option 1 – Completed Registration to Submit Data: The MIPS-eligible clinician registered to submit data with the PHA or, where applicable, the CDR to which the information is being submitted; registration was completed within 60 days after the start of the performance period; and the MIPS eligible clinician is awaiting an invitation from the PHA or CDR to begin testing and validation. This option allows MIPS-eligible clinicians to meet the measure when the PHA or the CDR has limited resources to initiate the testing and validation process. MIPS-eligible clinicians that have registered in previous years do not need to submit an additional registration to meet this requirement for each performance period.
- Option 2 – Testing and Validation: The MIPS-eligible clinician is in the process of testing and validation of the electronic submission of data. MIPS-eligible clinicians must respond to requests from the PHA or, where applicable, the CDR within 30 days; failure to respond twice within a performance period would result in that MIPS-eligible clinician not meeting the measure.
- Option 3 – Production: The MIPS-eligible clinician has completed testing and validation of the electronic submission and is electronically submitting production data to the PHA or CDR.
Production data – Refers to data generated through clinical processes involving patient care, and it is used to distinguish between data and “test data” which may be submitted for the purposes of enrolling in and testing electronic data transfers.
Any MIPS-eligible clinician meeting one or more of the following criteria may be excluded from the Electronic Case Reporting measure if the MIPS-eligible clinician;
- Does not treat or diagnose any reportable diseases for which data is collected by their jurisdiction's reportable disease system during the performance period. OR
- Operates in a jurisdiction for which no public health agency is capable of receiving electronic case reporting data in the specific standards required to meet the CEHRT definition at the start of the performance period. OR
- Operates in a jurisdiction where no public health agency has declared readiness to receive electronic case reporting data as of 6 months prior to the start of the performance period.
- (For 2022 only) The MIPS-eligible clinician uses CEHRT that is not certified to the electronic case reporting certification criterion at § 170.315(f)(5) prior to the start of the performance period they select in CY 2022. Measure Exclusion IDs: 1. PI_PHCDRR
You can select your attestation or exclusion in your Healthmonix MIPSpro account.