DrChrono offers a variety of ways to look at your practice-created data.
Two frequently used reports are the Day Sheet and the Product Procedure Report. Here's a description of each and how they could be useful in your practice.
- The Day Sheet will show you what has been posted (charges, insurance/patient payments, and insurance/patient adjustments) for a particular day or a date range. You can specify other parameters including the office and even the exam room.
- Many practices use this report to balance at the end of the day and verify that all cash/payments that were received were posted. The information listed is in real-time, so it can change as charges are placed on appointments and ERAs/EOBs are posted if it fits within the parameters you selected.
- Day Sheet Video
The Day Sheet can be found by navigating to Billing > Day Sheet.
Once inside the report, you will have additional filters available. The red box below indicates where you can specify a date range (from a single date to a max of 31 days).
Once you have selected your options, click on the blue Update (green arrow below) on the right, and the information will be retrieved from the server and displayed for you. This information will also be stored as cached data for 24 hours. Any additional queries made during that period will first be pulled from cached data if it is available. This will speed up the time it takes to generate the report.
You will want to use the Update All (purple arrow below) option if additional entries have been added for the time period you are searching. By selecting the Update All button, the system will retrieve refreshed data from the server and will display it for you. The date and time of the latest cached data will be listed just to the left of the Update All button.
The information will display as a summary, like an example below. The default is set to land on the Grand Totals tab. You can see at a glance 4 key metrics:
- Debit - Amount of charges posted for the specified parameters (date/office/exam room)
- Credit - Amount of insurance payments posted for the specified parameters (date/office/exam room)
- Adjustment - Amount of adjustments posted for the specified parameters (date/office/exam room)
- Patient Payment - Amount of patient payments posted for the specified parameters (date/office/exam room)
For detailed information in any of these categories, just click on the blue tab that corresponds to the information you are seeking. Each will bring up all of the details (patient, date of service, amount, etc) that make up the amount shown on the summary Grand Total tab.
You can print or export the report by clicking on the green Action button on the right.
Any exported report will generate and be available in your message center.
- The Product/Procedure Report will show you what CPT/HCPCS/Custom and ICD10 codes have been billed throughout your practice, along with detailed patient information if you need to dig deeper. Offices use this report to identify the most used procedures/custom codes within their office.
- Product/Procedure Report Video
The Product/Procedure Report can be found by navigating to Billing > Product/Procedure.
Once inside the report, you will have several options to choose from. You can enter a specific code or a date range.
If you want to know what CPT/HCPCS/Custom codes were charged for a specific date range, just leave the code field blank, make sure you select Service Date and the date range you would like and click on the blue Update on the right.
Your information will populate like the example below. It will show the CPT/HCPCS/Custom code, along with the number of times it has been charged (Units) during the date range you selected, along with the total charges.
To see which patient appointments those codes are listed on, just click on the blue code and description. The patient information, including the patient's name, date of service, provider and payer will populate.
The same works if you would like to see what ICD10 codes have been used during a certain time period. To pull up this information, first, click on the ICD-10 tab at the top of the screen.
Once you select your date range (and specific ICD10, if applicable), the system will provide the information you requested. To see which appointment the particular ICD10 code is attached to, just click on the actual code or description. The patient information, along with the date of service and provider will be listed.
You can export the information in the product procedure report by clicking on the gray Export button over on the right. The report will generate and be available in your message center.