- The Day Sheet will show you what has been posted (charges, insurance/patient payments, and insurance/patient adjustments) for a particular day or a date range. You can specify other parameters including the office and even the exam room.
- Many practices use this report to balance at the end of the day and verify that all cash/payments that were received were posted. The information listed is in real-time, so it can change as charges are placed on appointments and ERAs/EOBs are posted if it fits within the parameters you selected.
The Day Sheet can be found by navigating to Billing > Day Sheet.
Once inside the report, you will have additional filters available. The red box below indicates where you can specify a date range (from a single date to a max of 31 days).
Once you have selected your options, click on the blue Update (green arrow below) on the right, and the information will be retrieved from the server and displayed for you. This information will also be stored as cached data for 24 hours. Any additional queries made during that period will first be pulled from cached data if it is available. This will speed up the time it takes to generate the report.
You will want to use the Update All (purple arrow below) option if additional entries have been added for the time period you are searching. By selecting the Update All button, the system will retrieve refreshed data from the server and will display it for you. The date and time of the latest cached data will be listed just to the left of the Update All button.
The information will display as a summary, like the example below. The default is set to land on the Grand Totals tab. You can see at a glance 4 key metrics:
- Debit - Amount of charges posted for the specified parameters (date/office/exam room)
- Credit - Amount of insurance payments posted for the specified parameters (date/office/exam room)
- Adjustment - Amount of adjustments posted for the specified parameters (date/office/exam room)
- Patient Payment - Amount of patient payments posted for the specified parameters (date/office/exam room)
For detailed information in any of these categories, click on the blue tab that corresponds to the information you seek. Each will bring up all the details (patient, date of service, amount, etc) that make up the amount shown on the summary Grand Total tab.
You can print or export the report by clicking on the green Action button on the right.
Any exported report will generate and become available in your message center.
Here is a video that will walk you through Day Sheet v2.