1. Log in to your DrChrono account and open a patient chart. From the menu bar on the left click on Lab Orders.
2. In the following screen click on the green + New Order button then choose the preferred lab from the drop-down menu.
3. Fill out and make selections. Fields marked with a red (*) are required.
- Select the office you are ordering the lab from. This address will appear on the requisition form.
- If you have any favorite labs saved, you can select them from the Load a Favorite Lab dropdown. To save a lab as a favorite, select Save to Favorites once you have the lab information entered.
- Select who to bill to.
- Patient is used, for example, when the patient goes to the lab center and uses their insurance information for the lab to bill or they can pay out of pocket.
- Doctor is used when the specimen is collected in the office and patient pays the provider and the provider pays the lab.
- Insurance is used to bill the patient's insurance. Insurance information must be entered in the patient's chart to be able to select this option.
- ICD-10 Codes from the patient's problem list will automatically populate. You can remove any codes from the list by clicking on the (X) next to the code. You can also add codes by entering them in the box.
- You can select the appointment date. By default the most recent appointment will populate.
- Any notes to the lab can be entered in this field. (Optional)
- Reminder Time will send an alert to your message center to follow up with the patient if the results have not been received in the selected reminder time.
- Check the Send to Patient Service Center box if you are sending the patient directly to the lab. Checking this box will remove the Collection Date and Time fields.
- If collecting the specimen in your office, enter the collection date and time in these fields.
- Tests can be entered by searching for keywords or using the the test code.
- To add another test, select Add Another Test and repeat the above step.
- After you have entered all of your tests, click Save to Favorites to save the panel for later use.
- Click Send Order to send the order to the lab.
4. The last screen shows the order requisition that you can print out if needed for the patient to take to the lab.
5. If you need to print a label, return to the main Lab Orders screen and click Print Label.