From DrChrono, providers can bill both professional and institutional claims.
A professional claim would be utilized for services such as:
- Office visits with a medical provider such as a doctor or physician assistant
- Businesses that provide durable medical equipment to patients
- Billed on an HCFA-1500 form
An institutional claim would be utilized for services such as:
- Care received as a hospital inpatient
- Care received as a patient in a skilled nursing facility
- Billed on an HCFA-1450 /UB04 form
To set your account up to bill institutional claims, please speak to your implementation specialist, account manager, or support. They can set the appropriate edits to allow institutional billing for your account.