DrChrono’s patient platform has launched an open FHIR API, enabling patients to securely download their available health records to the Apple Health app on iPhone. Once they log in within the Health app, your patients will no longer need to log in to OnPatient to consolidate and view their health information from their iOS device.
Please note: If you choose to discontinue the integration, new records will not continue to update. Older records that have been shared will belong to the patient.
DrChrono requirements for this integration:
- Patients must be invited to OnPatient to utilize the Health Records on iPhone feature within the Apple Health app. For more information on how on invite patients to the portal please use this article.
How to Register an Organization for Health Records on iPhone
Registering for Health Records on iPhone allows your organization to be featured in the Health Records directory in the Health app. Once your organization is published in the Health app, your patients can search for your organization, authenticate using their patient portal credentials and download their health records. Registration available to Canada, U.K., and U.S. healthcare organizations only. For detailed instructions visit Registration Guide for Health Records on iPhone.
- Go to https://register.apple.com/health-records and click on the Get Started button.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- You will be redirected to the Health Records application page. Click Get Started.
- On the “Tell us more about your organization” page
- Select the type of organization as a healthcare organization.
- For the question How Many FHIR API Endpoints Do You Support? Select One FHIR-API endpoint.
- For the question How Many EHR Vendors Do You Have? Select one EHR Vendor or a different option based on your business.
- Add Organization details, upload brand logo and location information.
- Accept the Health Records Directory Listing agreement or forward it to your legal signing authority.
- If you are adding multiple FHIR API endpoints, you will be requested to name your FHIR API endpoint to distinguish it from others and select DrChrono as your EHR vendor.
- Review how your organization will appear in the Health app and update by clicking edit. Once the review is complete, click reviewed.
- You will be prompted to request an Access Code. Click on the Request Access Code button.
- Our team will verify your request. Once approved, you will receive a confirmation email with the access code.Once you receive your code, return to your account to enter the code and click Done.
- Click on Start test and once the test is complete, submit the application for review.
- Upon approval, you will receive marketing materials, preview link and an email with the option to publish at a later date. If no action is taken, your organization will be published within three days, and you will receive confirmation that it has been published.
- If you wish to change the publication date, sign in to Apple Business Register and Select Publish Now or Publish later. When you select Publish later, you can set a date that is within 30 days.