DrChrono Payments makes it easy to issue refunds to your patient, directly from your DrChrono account. Any refunds must be processed through the web, not on a mobile device.
- Navigate to Billing > Patient Payments 2.0 > Payments tab
- Select the patient that needs to be refunded
- Identify the payment that needs to be refunded.
- If you follow the payment line over to the right, there will be a button labeled "Refund"
- The system will default the refund amount to the total original payment, however, you can adjust this number and only refund a portion of the amount.
- The system will not let you refund more than what was originally paid. It will give you an error message if you attempt to refund more than the original payment.