Adding a charge to a patient appointment is a breeze in the Live Claims Feed. The steps below will show you how fast and easy it is.
- Navigate to Billing > Live Claims Feed
- Pull up the patient's account via their name, chart id, or claim number. Click on the date of service to enter the appointment specifics.
- Scroll down to the area with labels "Code/Check Date, Description, Mods/Posted Date, etc"
- Click on "+ Add Line Item"
- Several boxes will open so you can enter information
- Red arrow - add CPT/HCPCS/Custom Code
- Blue box - add modifiers if needed
- Orange box - add quantity/minutes if needed
- Green box - add diagnosis pointers (the numbers 1-4 can be obtained in the ICD10 section just above and to the left of where charges are entered.
- Purple arrow - add/change/update price (The price will populate if loaded into the fee schedule. However, if it isn't or you need to make changes to it, you can do so in this box.)
(numbers for Dx Pointers- green box)
You can add as many line items as you need by clicking on "+ Add Line Item".