On your institutional claim, you will need to note that you either have (Y) a signed statement on file from the patient permitting a data release or (I) have informed consent to release medical information.
DrChrono makes it easy to note both of these situations from within the patient's claim.
- Navigate to Billing > Live Claims Feed > Inside the patient's appointment > Right side of the screen > Insurance tab
- Options from the dropdown include:
- Y: Provider has on file a signed statement permitting data release
- I: Provider has informed consent to release medical information
- Box 52A is for the primary insurer; Box 52B is for the secondary insurer