DrChrono's scheduling widget allows you to link your schedule to your website. Separate from OnPatient appointment scheduling, the scheduling widget lets you put in a direct link into your website so that patients can make appointments when visiting your site.
There are three steps in setting up online scheduling in DrChrono.
- Enabling online scheduling for your office
- Setting up your office and schedule
- Accessing the URL to use on your website
Enabling Online Scheduling
The first step in setting up online scheduling is turning on the setting to allow scheduling online via the scheduling widget or OnPatient.
- Go to Account > Account Settings > General.
- Scroll down to Appointment Settings and check the Access to online scheduling box.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click Update Entire Profile.
Setting Up Your Office and Schedule
1. Go to Account > Offices.
2. Click on Edit next to the office you want to set hours for.
3. Select the Basic tab.
4. Scroll down to the Exam Rooms section.
- Select at least one exam room by checking the Allow Online Scheduling.
- Select the Start and End time for your office hours.
- Click Save.
5. Go to the Online Schedule tab and check the Show this office information online and Allow online scheduling in this office boxes. Check off any of the other options you want to allow.
6. Click and drag to select the times you want patients to be able to make an appointment. The times selected will be highlighted green. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
If you need to make changes to your online schedule, you can follow the steps above, make your adjustments and Save.
Accessing the Scheduling Widget Embed Code
Now that the office hours are set we can move on to adding the widget to your website. First make sure you are back on the main Managing Offices screen (Account > Offices).
1. Click on the Share button next to the office you set your hours for.
2. A pop screen will appear, which will have the url you will need to embed the schedule to your website.
3. Copy the url in the Embed Schedule box and paste it into your website.
4. If you are unsure of how to embed the scheduling url to your website please contact your IT department or website designer.
Now you are all set to have patients schedule appointments through your personal website.
To see an example example of how it will appear on your page, make sure you are back on the main Managing Offices screen (Account > Offices).
You will then see your scheduling widget.